Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hurricane Dean - Saturday 18 August 2007

Well hello. Everyone run around and PANIC! Lol. The boards are going up on our house right as I'm writing this, it's getting darker and darker inside. Thank you to Egbert and Malchias who are boarding.
Here are some photos - check out the weather. Pic 1 = 9am, pic 2 = 10am. It's a lovely sunny day with a very welcome breeze. A perfect day in the Caribbean.
The very unfortunate picture of my neighbour Ed is a must, his face just sums up what everyone looks like. I snapped him just as he's finished bringing his kayak into my front room.
The planes are still flying to and from the island, but I heard on the grapevine that the provisions barge has stopped until after the storm. Which basically means that any supplies we have are the only ones we have. Time to go on another shopping frenzy me thinks.
Here are some pictures of the flowers and the garden. They won't be here for much longer.
All my friends are busy doing much the same - Laurie a.k.a. Tacogirl is also doing posts, check her out on http://tacogirlblog.blogspot.com.












No comments: