Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hurricane Felix - we're safe, and actually, rather bored

Greetings earthlings, we are all safe and sound. 48 hours ago Felix was set to hit us tomorrow afternoon full pelt. Now, since it made landfall this morning on the eastern coast of Nicaragua, it would appear Belize is safe. We're pretty likely to get rather wet, but that's about it.
Since yesterday morning Ambergris Caye, the town of San Pedro has been like a ghostown. My friends and I have guestimated that there are only 5% of us left on the island. Everything has been closed since yesterday.
So now, we're safe, everyone has left, everything is closed and we don't really know what to do.
Thanks to Bob my neighbour, I have a golf cart, so I think that I'm going to round up my little team of friends and go joyriding! They lifted the booze ban at about 11.30 this morning. Mine's a Margarita!
Once again, all of you all over the place, thank you for the support, emails, phone calls and bad jokes.

No comments: